[GRASSLIST:2285] Re: Printing postscript to a designjet

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at marine.csiro.au
Mon Aug 6 02:21:24 EDT 2001

On Thu,  2 Aug 2001 00:43, Henk Coetzee wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just spent most of the afternoon fighting with a designjet
> 650, trying to get it to print A0 pages with limited memory.

I have a designjet 750C and use ghostscript.

My /etc/printcap contains:

plotter-raw|remote printer on plotter:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/plotter:\
        :rm=plotter:\
        :rp=raw:\
        :sh:mx#0:
#
plotter|designjet:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/designjet:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :if=/var/lib/designjet:\
        :af=/dev/null:\
        :sh:mx#0:

>cat /var/lib/designjet
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/gs -q -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -dSHORTERRORS
-sDEVICE=dnj650c  -sPAPERSIZE=a1 -sOutputFile=\|lpr\ -Pplotter-raw -

Works fine, but uses a bit of CPU on the computer hosting the print
queues.

I have an entry in my /etc/hosts table giving the IP address for
plotter which has a JetDirect card configured with IP enabled.

Hope this helps

Gordon