[GRASSLIST:2366] Re: Problems with projection conversion of vector files

anne-claire serres anne-claire.serres at thales-is.com
Wed Aug 22 06:05:36 EDT 2001

Rich,

I projected the lat, long vector file in UTM without problems. So, the v.proj seems
working perfectly.
The problem appears with the lambert conical conform projection : the units usually
used are grades and meters but in Grass, I don’t know what are the default parameters.

First, I try a lambert II projection that wasn’t working.
So, I try a Lambert-93 projection using degrees as it seems that grades are not
allowed:

Projection :lcc
Ellipsoid : clark80
Latitude origin : 46,5°
Longitude : 3°
1er parallel : 44°
2ème parallel : 49°

False Easting = 700 000 meters
False Northing = 6 600 000 meters

Datum non defined

The region generated is in the attached file.

When I tried to display the projected file : a G_malloc error appeared. I do not
understand it because the vector file is quite small.
So, do you think I need to hand-edit the WIND and DEFAULT_WIND as you did ? Is there a
way to know about how is 'made' the lcc projection, with which parameters ?

Anne-Claire