[GRASSLIST:1474] Testing module use

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 20 19:01:24 EST 2001

  I've used v.in.mif (version 5.0beta11.2) to convert the attached vector
file from MapInfo format to GRASS. It appears to work OK, but I cannot get
anything to display on the monitor. I assume that I've done something
improperly, but I cannot see what it is. I also ran 'g.region
vector=claims-map', then 'd.vect claims-map color=white' but that didn't
solve the problem.

  I'd appreciate someone else doing this and, when you see the results in a
monitor, write and tell me what you entered for each option in v.in.mif.

  Here are the specs for the region:

Projection:		stp Nevada (32), Pershing County (27), western zone (2703)
Ellipsoid:		grs80