[GRASSLIST:1325] Re: Flags in d.leg.thin?

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Jan 1 23:58:50 EST 2001

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 04:06:17PM -0800, David Finlayson wrote:
> The g.manual entry for d.leg.thin describes options
> not available from the version compiled into  5beta10
> (all of the flags and the thin option are missing).
> Is this a documentation bug or am I doing something
> wrong?

I guess it'd be a documentation bug (there are no flags in the source).

> (Trying to make a gradient legend for a DEM)

d.legend can do that...

For most commands, doing:

$ g.command help

will generate a short help on usage, and is the definitive source 'cause
it comes straight from the program.  Some of the GRASS contributors may
not speak/write very good English and hence some help documents don't
get updated to reflect changes in the program.

In this particular case, I don't see much benefit of this version of
d.leg.thin comparing to d.legend (in fact d.legend seems more useful). I
wonder if there wasn't some kind of accident here...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>