[GRASSLIST:1331] Re: solaris installation question

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Jan 3 03:50:45 EST 2001

Hello Shawn

"Stoddard, Shawn" wrote:
> I have downloaded the grass5 beta10 binary for solaris.  I am running
> a sparc ultra 1 system with solaris 8 installed.
>
> When I run the grass5install.sh script everything seems to work just
> fine except for one error.
>
> Creating start script: /usr/local/bin/grass5
> awk: can't open /usr/local/bin/grass5
> Creating the locks directory for monitors...
>
> this seems to result in an empty file grass5 in the /usr/local/bin
> directory.
>
> I am logged in as root when running this script.
>
> Could someone please provide me with some clue as to what is the
> problem.

Hmmm. This is really strange. It appears that you have write permissions
since a file entry was created (ie you got an empty grass5 file). The
only thing I can think of, and this is a shot in the dark, is that you
may have run out of disk space at the time the install script tried to
create the file. If this is not the case then check your SYSLOG file for
any indication of why you wouldn't be able to write to that particular
disk at that time.

Sorry I couldn't help you very much.

--
Sincerely,