[GRASSLIST:2158] FAQ page on importing SDTS DEMs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 25 23:00:57 EDT 2001

  Back on 30 Dec 1999, Eric Mitchell modified the SDTS DEM faq. I've been
trying to build the import filters as an alternative to r.in.gdal and the
non-working (for me) r.proj. But, I'm stuck here with a bug, too.

  In Appendix A is a large patch file to force the source code into
uppercase file names. I printed the FAQ to a postscript file, then carefully
formatted the appendix to match the printed copy. However, it's failing on
line 56 (dem2sur) because it cannot figure out which file on which to act. I
don't know how to write the diff files used by patch so I cannot debug the
problem.

  I could tar the whole directory (source files, patch file, Makefile) and
ship it to someone who knows how to interpret the error message and fix the
file.

Help greatly appreciated,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.