[GRASSLIST:2196] RE: PROGRAMING GRASS LINUX-WINDOWS

Charles Beaudry beaudryc at noranda.com.br
Sat Jul 28 11:57:23 EDT 2001

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-GRASSLIST at baylor.edu [mailto:owner-GRASSLIST at baylor.edu]On
Behalf Of Juan Carlos Gámez Granados
  Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 9:04 AM
  To: GRASSLIST at baylor.edu
  Subject: [GRASSLIST:2194] PROGRAMING GRASS LINUX-WINDOWS

  Hello,

  Firstly, excuse me by my English. I am Spanish.

  I want to do any questions. I am new in Geographic Information Systems. I
  have a net with 5 PC's, one of them in Linux (Debian) and the other ones
in
  Windows 98. I have installed GRASS in the PC with Linux and I want that
the
  others PC's can access to the PC with Linux to obtain the information and
  cartography of the GIS (with a application developed by me with C++
  Builder).

  The questions are:

  - Is it possible?
  - How can I do it?
  - What I need to do it?

  Moreover I want ask to you for documentation about GIS, mainly about
  projects developed with GIS and how these projects have been developed.

  Thank you very much,

  Juanca :-)

  Juan Carlos Gámez Granados

  Ingeniero en Informática
  Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería Informatica
(http://www-etsi2.ugr.es)
  Universidad de Granada (http://www.ugr.es)
  Spain
  web: http://jcgamezg.eresmas.com ; http://perso.wanadoo.es/jcgamezg

   Juanca,

  Please check out the GRASSLINKS package (see
http://www.agcrc.csiro.au/4dgm/grasslinks/ or more generally
http://www.baylor.edu/grass/links.html ) for a Grass map server.  This may
represent a much simpler solution then using C++ Builder since the latter
runs through a browser and therefore local network vs remote access are
irrelevant.

  Charles Beaudry