[GRASSLIST:1545] new location

Gaetan GUYODO gaetan.guyodo at lrb.ap-hop-paris.fr
Thu Mar 1 04:48:06 EST 2001

Hello,
I'm creating a Location/Mapset corresponding to my data, in the "Lambert II
etendu" projection.
I found some explanations about this projection, but I don't understand every
question I have to answer to create this Location/Mapset.
When I open grass, I choose "new location", with a new name.
Projection name : Lambert Conformal Conic (lcc)

Ellipsoid name : clark80

Specify a datum for this location ? No  (I didn't understand this point...)

 Enter Central Parallel [lat_0] (23N) : 46°48'00''

 Enter First Standard Parallel [lat_1] (33N) : 45°53'56.108''

 Enter Second Standard Parallel [lat_2] (45N) : 47°41'45.652''

   Enter Central Meridian [lon_0] (96W) : 2°20'14.025''

Enter plural form of units [meters]:  meters are good

But in Lambert II etendu specifications, there are two others data :
	false easting (meters) : 600000
	false northing (meters) : 2200000
Where can I specify these data ? I didn't find...

After, I have to define the default region : I'm not sure to understand. the
default region correspond to the region which can be used for maps ? or it is
only the default region displaied by the monitor... or another default region.

If someone can help me, thanks...

Gaetan