[GRASSLIST:1549] Installing binaries on windows

Mario Palladino grass421 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 08:01:21 EST 2001

--- Markus Neteler <neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de> ha
scritto: > On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:16:50AM -0500,
Lars
> Bromley wrote:
> > Just wanted to weigh in on this issue...
> >
> > I tried the Cygnus/Windows thing a while ago and
> never made it far, all
> > sorts of install errors and other issues beat me
> back. My solution was to
> > just to use Samba on the machine which ran GRASS
> (in my case a Slackware
> > linux), giving me access to my Windows network.
> Thus, keeping GRASS on a
> > *nix system and installing Samba (or other
> appropriate networking
> > software) seemed to be easier than trying to get
> the Cygnus/Window thing
> > going.
> >
> > Lars
>
> Please note that the current version lacks an
> important file.
> I will remove the package and hope to receive a new
> package
> soon which is complete.
>
> If anyone could improve the README.html, please send
> the updates
> to me for the web.
>

> Markus Neteler

Ok, I thank you all for your fast reply.

You know, a minimum goal could be to install only the
core program without graphical output. One can use
some other software GIS to visualize the results via
well suited interface. Is this task easier? Or it will
require the same order of difficulty to achieve?

Thank you all,

Mario

=====