[GRASSLIST:1554] Re: r.out.v5d

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 5 06:30:32 EST 2001

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 08:31:44PM +0200, Ülle Straus wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I am trying to convert grid3 sample-datafile CloudLCP.992172300 into
> Vis5d with r3.out.v5d but i get the following error

> > CloudLCP.992172300
> <CloudLCP.992172300>
>
> OPTION:   Name for v5d output file
>      key: output
> required: YES
> enter option > proov.v5d
>
> You have chosen:
>   output=proov.v5d
> Is this correct? (y/n) [y]
>
> FLAG: Set the following flag?
>
> Use map coordinates instead of xyz coordinates?(y/n) [n]
> FATAL ERROR: G3d_getFloatRegion: error in G3d_getTilePtr
>
> The same error occurs also with r3.out.ascii :(
>
> What i did wrong?
>

> Ylle Straus
>
> student from the University of Tartu
> Estonia
>
> PS i am using Slackware 7.1 operating system
> and GRASS 5.0beta11_2 from binary distribution
>
> I consider to move over to RedHat 6.2, should I?

Hi Ylle Straus,

your problem doesn't have to do with Slackware or Redhat.
It's simply the problem of 3D-GRASS which is quite instable
at time. We'll take it out of distribution for the stable
release and hope to fix it for GRASS 5.1.

Sorry, but we would need more 3D programmers to speed this up.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler