[GRASSLIST:1584] Re: r.in.tiff 16 bit sample

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Mar 8 21:29:48 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 04:15:23PM -0500, John Preston wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using r.in.tiff to import a 10km x 10km 1m satellite image into
> GRASS, but it complains that it does not support the 16 bit sample. I am
> using GRASS 4.3. Has this changed in 5.0, and if not does anybody know
> how I can get around this problem.

No, that limitation is still in GRASS 5.0 r.in.tiff code.  However, I
don't know, but maybe r.in.gdal will handle this.  I know it has support
for many more esoteric features (complex numbers for instance).  I'd
assume the color rule would have to be grayscale/per band since GRASS's
color rules won't allow 16bit/band values.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>