[GRASSLIST:1595] Re: I want to time-stamp grid3 files

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Mar 10 04:13:18 EST 2001

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 03:23:53PM -0800, Pelizzari, Michael wrote:
> Dear everybody -
>
> There seems to be no provision for timestamps in grid3 files, judging from
> the online documentation.  There is no r3.timestamp command (the 3D
> counterpart to r.timestamp), and the current version of r3.out.v5d fills the
> variables "timestamp[ ]" and "datestamp[ ]" with zeroes.
>
> I could sure use a command "r3.timestamp", and a version of command
> "r3.out.v5d" which creates nonzero date-and-timestamps.  Has anybody
> developed these?  If not, I'll have to do it myself.  I plan to
> (1) create a r3.timestamp command that writes a file
> "grid3/<filename>/timestamp",
> (2) modify the r3.out.v5d command to put integers <yyddd> and <hhmmss> into
> datestamp[ ] and timestamp[ ], respectively.
>
> But I'd rather not reinvent the wheel, so please let me know ASAP if you
> have commands that do these things, or if you're close to releasing such
> commands for general use.  Thanks in advance.

this idea is very welcome! You may modify r.timestamp for this purpose,
once I have been developing v.timestamp from it. Shouldn't be too
difficult.

Later I could add the code to CVS for you.

Thanks for your efforts,

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology