[GRASSLIST:1604] x,y to ll

E. Koster ekoster at let.rug.nl
Tue Mar 13 03:26:54 EST 2001

Dear grasslist,

Since my work is focusing on towns I never thought I would need any
specific projections, so I have set up my grass locations in the x,y
system. For the town of Groningen (the Netherlands) somewhere 233908E
and 582059N (position of the main church in the center).
Now I need to know the lat/lon coordinates. gc2ll is asking me for
x,y,z. What coordinates should I give here, e.g. for the given point of
the church. Or is this not the right way to do so....

Thank you in advance,
Elwin Koster
        ARCHITECTURAL HISTORY, MORPHOLOGY and URBAN INFORMATION-SYSTEMS
                  drs. Elwin A. Koster, ekoster at let.rug.nl
        Architectural History & Humanities Computing department,
        Faculty of Arts, Groningen University, The Netherlands
PO.Box 716, 9700 AS Groningen, phone: (+31) 50 3636099  fax: (+31) 50
3637362
        http://www.let.rug.nl/~ekoster     cell.phone: (+31) 6 18474305
    International Seminar on Urban Form -  see
http:/582059/www.let.rug.nl/isuf/