[GRASSLIST:1636] Re: display several maps

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Mar 19 21:05:22 EST 2001

Hi Julien

julien wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm working on a project into GRASS which is composed by several
> maps. (raster).
> These maps have been imported into GRASS using r.in.tiff. and
> r.support.
>
> Each of these maps has the good coordinates. They compose a large
> map.
>
> But how can I display these maps together in the monitor ?
> Using d.rast -o map1 ... d.rast -o map2 ...is quiet boring when you
> have 10 or more maps !
> I've thought to write a small script to do that but maybe there is a
> module to create a group of maps in a project.
> I've tried to create a new group composed by all these maps but I'm
> not able to display it (the name of these groups does not appear in
> the g.list rast).

I'm not sure what you did to try and group your maps. However, I believe
the command to use to create a single raster map out of several smaller
maps is r.patch. Please see the html documentation that comes with Grass
(starting point is documents/index.html). Select the raster commands
link and then the r.patch link. Please note that there are tips in the
"Notes" section that may be useful to you.

Hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th