[GRASSLIST:1852] help on d.mon

=?UNKNOWN?Q?Ant=F3nio?= Torres grass at portugalmail.pt
Mon May 21 10:05:14 EDT 2001

I have recently installed Grass 4.3 running on Linux and I was trying to

display a monitor with d.mon . First, with g.region, i defined the default region for the monitor (default_win).

Then i defined x1 as the start and the select monitor. When i launch tcltkgrass the monitor x1 appears but the following error also appears:

Graphics driver [x1] started

ERROR: region for current mapsets is invalid

<projection field missing

run "g.region"

Problem selecting x1. Will try once more

ERROR: region for current mapsets is invalid

<projection field missing

run "g.region"

When i apply for a vector or raster display i get the message:

No graphics monitor has been selected for output.

Please run "g.region" to select a graphics monitor.

Can anybody help me with this problem? I'me desperate...grrrrrhhhh!!!

Thanks in advanced

António Torres

grass at portugalmail.pt

www.cea.uevora.pt/lcb