[GRASSLIST:1880] Re: r.in.gdal

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat May 26 13:51:18 EDT 2001

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 10:14:57AM +0200, S. Holl wrote:
> Hi there
> I importet several TIFFS (with .tfw-files) with r.in.gdal and let it
> create a new location with the TIFF coordinates.
> Everything worked fine, but it seems there is no PROJ-INFO-file in the
> new $LOCATION.
> This is needed by r.proj for doing some tranformation.
> So r.proj cannot transform my TIFFS into a new location.
>
> any suggestions and sollutions ?
>
> Thanks for your help

Hi Steph,

the problem is that the .tif/.tfw files don't contain any projection
information. If you would have a .proj file as well, r.in.gdal should
accept it. However, after creating the location by r.in.gdal use
g.setproj within this new location. It will set the missing information.

Cheers

 Markus