[GRASSLIST:2667] vector import

Beaudry Charles (NORANDA) BeaudryC at normin.com
Sun Nov 18 11:20:05 EST 2001

Hi,

I have been trying to import some vector files into Grass using various
formats but I always have the same problem.  It does not matter if I use
DXF, shape, or Mif, I always get mixed up vectors in the lower right corner
of the region.  See attached jpg file for example.  I thought the problem
may have been because I am using degrees but I tried with a meter projection
and got the same results.  I also thought maybe it was because the region
was very big (in the image I am including the diagonal is over 2,000 km in
length but using a smaller region with other vector files gave the same
result.

If anybody has any ideas as to my problem I would be very grateful.

Charles Beaudry

 <<Drainage.jpg>>