[GRASSLIST:2695] Re: Digitize sites

Andrea Aime aaime at comune.modena.it
Tue Nov 27 05:13:34 EST 2001

Maybe I can suggest other options apart from using the db support?
If you already know the coordinates you can simply edit a text
file with coordinates, category number and label and the import
with s.in.ascii.
If you have already digitized the sites, use s.out.ascii to
export the site in a text file, add the labels and import again
with s.in.ascii
As a final option, look at the site file format in the
GRASS programmer manual and directly hand edit the site file...
it won't be so difficult, since site file format is quite
easy (and human readable). If I had to made it myself, I would
choose the latter option (hand editing).
Hope this helps
Andrea Aime

PS: if you plan to perform filtering on the data based on
attribute values the suggestion made by Radim is certainly
better. My suggestion may be useful if you only need basic
data management and you can't get the sql support to work.