[GRASSLIST:2570] Re: grass5 and network connections

giorgio19291 at inwind.it giorgio19291 at inwind.it
Mon Oct 8 15:01:56 EDT 2001

Hi Rich
I have done changes that you said accordly with my machines "A" and "B" and I now can use commands like g.region and r.mapcalc but I can not start Monitors(0-6)  for visualize data. Nviz is OK and I can visualize data.
Any suggest?
My general problem is:
My machine "A" (Pentium III and 256 MB Ram and  little Hard-Disk) is more
efficient than machines "B" (Pentium MMX with 64 MB and  Big Hard Disk to
store data) so I hope to solve more fast my problems of visualization and
calculations if  Grass5 is on "A" and data to read are on "B"? I hope this
is good solution. Can you give me your opinion?

 Thanks a lot in advance
Giorgio.