[GRASSLIST:2376] problems initializing grass5

Ivan Kautter ivankautter at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 21:23:31 EDT 2001

Hello list serve members,

I just d/l grass5 and am having trouble initializing it.  I get this error
message:

usr/local/grass5/etc/set_data: error in loading shared libraries:
libnurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file:  No such file or directory

I checked and found out I only had ncurses4 so I updated to 5.2.  Shouldn't
it work now or do I need ncurse 5.0 specifically or do I have a different
problem entirely?

I am rather unexperienced with red hat linux so it could be something
obvious that I am overlooking.  I would appreciate any help anyone can
offer.  Thanks.

Ivan Kautter