[GRASSLIST:2383] Re: Problems Importing GeoTIFF

postogna at libero. postogna at libero.it
Tue Sep 4 10:42:52 EDT 2001

warmerdam at pobox.com wrote:
> I would be interested in seeing the cellhd file produced by r.in.gdal
and
> by r.in.tiff if that would be convenient.  What surprises me is that
things
> would look OK on the r.in.tiff map.

Hi ...
 As asked, I went into the cellhd and got the info. I understand the
problem about the size of the pixels, and from what I see in the cellhd
files it looks that for the r.in.tiff created file the ratio is 1 to 1
but the ratio for the file imported by r.in.gdal is not 1. I guess that
this explain why on the screen the two images looks different but it
does not explain how or why r.in.gdal derived those numbers.

All the best Fulvio Postogna

Fulvio Postogna
Nato C3 Agency
The Hague
The NEtherlands

CELLHD from file imported with r.in.tiff:

proj:       0
zone:       0
north:      6118
south:      0
east:       8407
west:       0
cols:       8407
rows:       6118
e-w resol:  1
n-s resol:  1
format:     0
compressed: 1

CELLHD from file imported with r.in.gdal:

proj:       3
zone:       0
north:      43:54:45.01N
south:      43:46:29.889071N