[GRASSLIST:2411] Re: "Invalid resource file" error

jeshua jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Sat Sep 8 21:29:53 EDT 2001

On Saturday, September 8, 2001, at 09:20 AM, Aurelien wrote:

> On the first error, the readme tells that you shoud go to /opt, and
> then do 'grass5 spearfish/PERMANENT'.
> But I don't have /opt (should the install script have made one for
> me ?, or did I miss an install step ?). So I created a /opt dir and
> inside it a spearfish dir. However, that did't help much: now I get:
>
> Starting GRASS ...
> /opt/spearfish/PERMANENT: No such location
>
> Somebody else experienced the same frustation ?

Hi,

Spearfish is a tutorial database that can be downloaded from the
Documentation section on the Grass web site.

Although the instructions specify to use spearfish, any path to a valid
Grass database will do.

Are you running Mac OS X 10.0.4?  If I recall correctly nucrses was
broken prior to .0.4..

Regards,

Jeshua Lacock                                http://OpenOSX.com
Programmer/Owner                     http://SierraMaps.com