[GRASSLIST:3427] Moving mapsets

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Thu Apr 4 01:41:13 EST 2002

Now I've become a bit more familiar with GRASS I've found I haven't set
up my locations and mapsets in an optimal manner.

What I'd like to do is move my various mapsets to all under the one
location.

Can I just move the directories using the unix mv command, or is there
more to it than that?

All mapsets are in the same projection (lat lon), but cover different
regions. ie the PERMANENT/PROJ_INFO and PERMANENT/PROJ_UNITS are the
same but PERMANENT/WIND isn't. As each mapset has its own WIND my guess
is it's OK.

On a related topic can I just rename the location and mapset
directories to achieve a rename, or is that information hidden
somewhere internally?

Thanks in advance
Gordon
--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949