[GRASSLIST:3553] Re: Book announcement: "Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach"

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Apr 21 02:15:09 EDT 2002

Dear GRASS Community,
dear FreeGIS enthusiasts,

a short folluw-up concerning the book announcement below as we got several
individual book requests:

While we search for further book resellers, institutions, universities,
until April, 24, to make the book affordable for everybody (we have to reach
at least 100 books to enable the publisher to significantly lower the
price), now also individual book orders can be processed at reduced price.

Individual book orders please send to,

in  Germany:   Intevation GmbH
               Silke Reimer <silke at intevation.de>

International: OpenOSX
               http://OpenOSX.com/grassbook/

Please contact these resellers directly if you want to order at a reduced
book price.

Further resellers, institutions, universities interested in 20+ books for
50$ per book (plus shipping) may contact me or Helena Mitasova personally.

This offer may expire April, 24th. Later the book will become available as
usual (bookstores, online bookshops etc and above resellers).

Note that the publisher's offer to allow the authors for organizing
pre-sales to lower the final list price is quite unusual.
This email should be the last notification.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it