[GRASSLIST:4223] Re: Importing Vectors

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Aug 6 08:09:43 EDT 2002

Hi,

maybe a workaround: Try to use "ogr2ogr" (part of GDAL):
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/

It allows for conversion of MapInfo to SHAPE:
ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" out.shp in.mif

Then
v.in.shape out.shp ...

I am not sure about the status of v.in.mif, it may be weak.

Good luck,

 Markus

PS: OGR Vector Formats
http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/opengis/ogrhtml/ogr_formats.html