[GRASSLIST:4286] Re: Search Radius and decimal accuracy when using v.what

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Aug 13 21:44:33 EDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:27:50PM +0200, Andrew Wade wrote:
> Hi all
>
> While using v.what I've noticed that the command looks within a certain
> radius from the point where the mouse is clicked (or the co-ordinate is
> given) for a vector, but this radius changes sometimes for some or other
> reason.  Is there any way that I can set this "checking radius" in
> grass?  I would like to change it (real-time) depending on the current
> accuracy of my GPS, to ensure that the result is as accurate as
> possible.
>
> And another thing - the co-ordinate result from v.what is only correct
> to 2 decimal places (i.e. "dd.dd").  Where can I set this to be more
> accurate (I need about 4 decimal places)?

Methinks d.what.vect supercedes v.what, but I'm not sure.  Nonethless,
the coordinate output format is hardwired in v.what, whereas d.what.vect
should have more precision in the output.  Neither are adjustable.
Also, the search radius is something of a heuristic and can't be
adjusted.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>