[GRASSLIST:4369] import e00 and display of cats

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Fri Aug 23 07:05:37 EDT 2002

HI,

I imported an e00 grid/raster file with m.in.e00.
It had 10 different maps inside added as VAT. They are all integer maps so far.

But I have problems to extract now the maps. They were all written to the
cats/ directory. I used

cp new_cat old_cat ; r.support old_map

If I use after that

r.cat old_map > file1 ; r.cat new_map > file2 ; paste file1 file2

I get the expected differences in category values. BUT I cannot display
them. I get always just the category numbers (1 - 142) displayed but not the
actual category values (ranging from 200 to 5000). This is for all imported
e00 maps.

Any ideas, what my mistake is?

Ulrich

Ulrich Leopold MSc.

Department of Physical Geography
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
NL-1018WV Amsterdam

Phone: +31-(0)20-525-7456 (7451 Secretary)
Fax:   +31-(0)20-525-7431
Email: uleopold at science.uva.nl
http://www.frw.uva.nl/soil/Welcome.html

Check us also out at:
Netherlands Centre for Geo-ecological Research
http://www.frw.uva.nl/icg