[GRASSLIST:4406] Re: v.to.rast contour map

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sat Aug 31 02:30:20 EDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 05:30:01AM -0000, vaishnav wrote:
>  hello everyone,
>
>                               The problem i a facing is that when
> convert a vector contour map (.DFX) to raster, i get a raster
> file
> containing patches  of different colors rather then the actual
> contour
> lines. Can anyone please tell me where i am going wrong. I am
> following the below stated procedure,

You need to change your region settings to accomodate the data.
I'd probably do this in two step:  First, set the extents of the
region to match the vector;  then, adjust the cell resolution
such that cells are small enough to reflect input data.

Almost all GRASS commands that create rasters use whatever the
current region defines for extents and resolution.  The most
notable exceptions are import routines.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>