[GRASSLIST:5152] Re: finding sinkholes

Brad Corner brad.corner at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 4 22:16:23 EST 2002

Hi Johannes,
 Maybe this is a very quick and dirty way but fill the pits, then subtract
your original map from the filled map.  That should isolate the depressed
areas.  I'm no expert with GRASS thats for sure but I would think that
r.fill.dir / r.mapcalc* fits your purpose.  But I'm not so sure if this
works on float point data in grass5... I submitted a question to the list
about the compatiability of floating point rasters and r.watershed with no
response.
Hope this provides some ideas,
bjc