[GRASSLIST:5178] Re: makefiles in grass daily use

Dan Jacobson jidanni at dman.ddts.net
Sat Dec 7 07:54:30 EST 2002

E> Why is it you want to use makefiles for such things?  Shell scripts are
E> probably a better option.

Just like one would use makefiles in non-grass situations: to only do
the needed parts of a job.  If X depends on Y and Z depends on Y, then
after I build Z, Y doesn't need to be rebuilt when I build X, etc.

I don't see how grass projects are special that makefiles wouldn't be
helpful (if it weren't for the fact that the products aren't in the
same directory.)
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780