[GRASSLIST:5219] error during compilation - NVIZ ignored - unix solarix

harj at geo.vu.nl harj at geo.vu.nl
Thu Dec 12 12:28:36 EST 2002

hello GRASS users,

I installed grass on my susse-linux PC at home and it worked pretty well,
but the compilation at my university offer some problems. - I must say I
have no unix-root permissions - so install it locally.
I also had problems with the GD-libraries which I downloaded and compiled
locally so,

./configure --prefix=/local/grass/grass5
--with-gd-includes=/local/grass/gd/include
--with-gd-libs=/local/grass/gd/libs --without-postgres --without-odbc

Things seems to work pretty nice - config.log:
configure:6233: checking whether to use PNG
configure:6252: checking for location of PNG includes
configure:6278: checking for png.h
configure:6286: gcc -E  -w conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:6320: checking for location of PNG library
configure:6345: checking for png_read_image in -lpng
configure:6362: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -w   conftest.c -lpng  -lz  -lm  1>&5
configure:6403: checking whether to use GD
configure:6422: checking for location of GD includes
configure:6448: checking for gd.h
configure:6456: gcc -E  -I/local/grass/gd/include -w
conftest.c >/dev/null2>conftest.out
configure:6490: checking for location of GD library
configure:6523: checking for gdImagePng in -lgd
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

the configuration does not come up with problems so:

make
make install

everything is installed.

but error messages show:

Start of compilation: Tue Dec 10 13:13:08 MET 2002
Errors:
Module source code not installed: src/raster/r.in.png (ignored)
Module source code not installed: src/display/devices/PNGdriver (ignored)
Module source code not installed: src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2 (ignored)
End of compilation:   Tue Dec 10 13:32:44 MET 2002DONE generating GRASS GIS
binary code

and indeed NVIZ does not work - which was actually the primary reason of
the installation because of visualization both vector and dem in 3D.

does anyone knows by what is error is caused

thank you in advance