[GRASSLIST:3099] Re: importing using r.in.gdal

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Wed Feb 6 06:18:33 EST 2002

Clint,

I'm using 5.0pre2 on Redhat 7.1, so maybe this has changed between
versions, but with the version of r.in.gdal that I have (I believe it
is 1.1), the "output" parameter is a map name, not a pathname.  If you
want to then convert the map to an image format like PNG, you run the
appropriate output program like r.out.png.

Try something like this

GRASS:~> r.in.gdal input=maps/8087CATD.DDF output=test

If that succeeds, you can run

GRASS:~> r.out.png input=test output=/tmp/testout.png

Hope this helps,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
		-- "Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"