[GRASSLIST:2878] Re: visible segments in the DEM

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Thu Jan 10 08:26:35 EST 2002

On Thursday 10 January 2002 06:08, Steve Trick wrote:
> Dear grasslisters,

Steve,

Your description sounds like the effect you would get from representing a
topographic surface with integer values.  That happens when you use a raster
map of type CELL.

I think that v.surf.rst is supposed to produce a map with floating point
values, so that shouldn't be your problem.  Is it possible that your input
elevations are integer values, or that you are doing something to the map
after it is calculated by v.surf.rst that converts the floating point values
to integers?

Roger Miller
Lee Wilson and Associates