[GRASSLIST:2982] Re: r.water.outlet

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Jan 24 09:08:12 EST 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 08:35:43AM +0000, Bärbel Zierl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need some advice.
>
> In the email from Glynn Clements I read that r.water.outlet was disabled
> due to bugs.
> Is there an alternative in GRASS to generate a watershed basin for a
> given outlet point?
>
> Thanks & Regards

Hi Bärbel,

eventually there is some confusion: In fact the r.water.outlet should
be functional. And AFAIK it is not disabled.
Only sometimes, it produces non-satisfying results. In that case
you may "play" with the resolution of the DEM (preferably a floating
point DEM).

Perhaps you try to interpolate the DEM to double resolution and
try again (r.to.sites, s.surf.rst)?

Hope this helps,

 Markus