[GRASSLIST:4045] Re: Postgres and g.select.db problem.

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Sat Jul 6 08:37:20 EDT 2002

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:32:15PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> g.select.pg connects to the "template1" database (this is hardcoded),
> then executes "select datname from pg_database", and checks that the
> selected database is included in the output. Does your "template1"
> database require a password?

That does seem a little odd.  I was able to connect to the template1
database with psql without supplying a password.  I was also able to
add/drop a test table.  I did note that template1 doesn't contain any
relations.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

The people sensible enough to give good advice are usually sensible
enough to give none.