[GRASSLIST:3852] Re: s.surf.idw help

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jun 11 04:26:51 EDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 04:19:35PM +1000, Gordon Keith wrote:
> Sounds like you are running out of swap space.
>
> I gave up on s.surf.idw on my data set. After I gave it about 3GB of
> swap space it managed to process 3% of the data over a weekend, so I
> killed it.

Consider to use the pre4 version of s.surf.rst (also the RST algorithm
is better than IDW). The module was improved to run > 2000% faster for
dense data.

[snip]

Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italy
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it