[GRASSLIST:3946] Re: error while loading shared libraries

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Tue Jun 25 13:16:13 EDT 2002

the libraries are installed. Is this a path problem? Can I set a path
for the libraries?

Ulrich

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi Ulrich,
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 04:59:19PM +0200, Ulrich Leopold wrote:
>
>>Dear list,
>>
>>Is the following error message a bug in GRASS5.0.0pre3 or a problem in
>>my system?

>>/usr/local/arch/grass5/driver/PNG: error while loading shared libraries:
>>libgd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>

> ^^^^^^^^^^
> this library must be installed on your system. Please have a look at the
> manual page:
>
> g.manual pngdriver
>
> where to acquire it.
>
> Regards,
>
>  Markus Neteler

Ulrich Leopold MSc.

Department of Physical Geography
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
NL-1018WV Amsterdam

Phone: +31-(0)20-525-7456 (7451 Secretary)
Fax:   +31-(0)20-525-7431
Email: uleopold at science.uva.nl
http://www.frw.uva.nl/soil/Welcome.html

Check us also out at:
Netherlands Centre for Geo-ecological Research
http://www.frw.uva.nl/icg