[GRASSLIST:3272] .bil import with r.in.gdal

Daniel Victoria daniel_victoria at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 14:01:35 EST 2002

I imported some .bil images successufully using
r.in.gdal because when I tried to use r.in.bin it gave
some errors. The problem is:
Does r.in.gdal applies a hystogram streach in the
images or changes the pixel values? When I import in
grass the images values goes from -32768 to 32513 and
when I import using ArcGisthe value ranges from 0 to
65535.

Also, when trying to use r.in.bin I gave just the row
and collum numbers (803x800) and it reported an error
saying that there could be no north value of 800....

Thanks
Daniel