[GRASSLIST:3358] Re: r.in.gdal segmentation error in Mandrake 8.1

Jeff P. Hollenbeck hollenbj at ucs.orst.edu
Thu Mar 21 16:44:10 EST 2002

John,

Your problems with SDTS DEM's might be due to the format change of these
data files by the USGS in Jan 2001.  You will need an updated version of
Sol Katz's sdts2dem code to properly convert the new sdts dems.  The old
sdts2dem will chug away with the new files but produce gibberish of about
the right size leading you to think that all went well.

I'm not sure if gdal handles the new sdts dems correctly yet or not.

Other than the new format, I don't have any insight as to whats going
wrong with your import.

Good luck,

Jeff.

Jeff P. Hollenbeck