[GRASSLIST:3366] Re: A question about labeling.

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Sun Mar 24 22:04:27 EST 2002

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 08:01:32PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > You can place text on a map using the paint commands or with ps.map.  In
> > either case the labels are not attached to an object and they must be
> > positioned manually.  If you want to warp text around a curve then you would
> > have to place each character separately.
>
> Hopefully we find a neat solution for that in GRASS 5.1.

That would be nice.  In the meantime, if it is necessary, I suppose
one could save the Postscript map, and then edit it in a ps editor.
Or perhaps even image editing software like the Gimp.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

Be sociable. Speak to the person next to you in the unemployment line tomorrow.