[GRASSLIST:3375] Re: v.extract doesn't seem to work.

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Mar 25 08:12:08 EST 2002

Hi Ben,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 07:22:01AM -0500, Ben Logan wrote:
> I'm trying to use v.extract to create a new vector map which contains
> only a couple of the lines from an existing vector map.  I used
> d.what.vect to determine the category values of the lines, and used
> those values in the v.extract command line.  I know the category
> values are correct because I can use d.vect.cats to display only those
> lines.  However, the map output by v.extract doesn't contain any
> lines.  v.extract doesn't give an error saying that the category
> doesn't exist, but it simply doesn't produce any lines in the output
> map.
>
> I'm using Grass5.0.0pre2.  Is v.extract broken, or am I missing
> something?  Here's the command I'm running:

yes, it was broken in 5.0pre2 and fixed for pre3.

Have a look here at the release notes for 5.0pre3:
http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/NEWS.html

Recent fixes are listed here:
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/grass/NEWS.html?rev=1.129.2

Either you consider to upgrade the entire GRASS or someone sends the
v.extract bins (from bin/ and etc/bin/ directories) to you.

Best regards

 Markus Neteler