[GRASSLIST:3621] Re: step-by-step tutorial??

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed May 1 22:12:36 EDT 2002

Glynn Clements writes:
 > Russell Nelson wrote:
 >
 > > HELP!  I'm a Grass newbie who must be reading the wrong tutorials.
 > > Here's what I want to do:
 > >
 > > 1) import a picture png format.
 > > 2) display it.
 > >
 > > That's all!  I have very limited goals (for now).  But I can't even
 > > get that far.
 >
 > An uncorrelated image will initially be located at the origin of the
 > coordinate system, which is likely to be far outside of the current
 > geographic region.
 >
 > After importing, use "r.support" to set the geographic boundaries of
 > the newly-created raster layer.

Aha!  I'm sure that's what I need to know.  By the way, even though
it's written for Grass 4.0, the following tutorial is most helpful
(found on the gdp -- Grass Documentation Project -- page):

GRASS 4.0 Beginners Manual (Postscript, 50 pages)

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Okay, enough is enough!
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Can we PLEASE all stop