[GRASSLIST:3624] Cell Resolution help

Anil Kumar Bhagat anil at ces.iisc.ernet.in
Fri May 3 05:02:48 EDT 2002

Dear GRASS users
     First of all sorry for this long mail.
     I have the following doubts .

1) I have created a new location in , X,Y coordinate system .
I chosen

  e-w res:     1 n-s res:     1

After that I imported the LISS 3 data (23.5 m resolution)
with <r.in.bin> module
It did the job successfully . I gave the command
<g.region rast="filename"> . I displayed the image .

2) Now I also imported the scaned toposheet map  with
<r.in.tiff> module . When I display this without
<g.region rast="tiff_file_name"> window becoming
white . so I have to do <g.region rast="tiff_file_name>

Now for this region setting other image I am not able to
display. For that again I have to do <g.region rast="file_name">

My objective is to know how this cell resolution is related to
LISS 3 data resolution ( 23.5 ) and during import what should be the
grid resolution .

Also want to know about the what should be the scaned toposheet map
resolution .

--
Anil Kumar Bhagat
( Project Asst. )