[GRASSLIST:3639] d.what.vect area calculation

marino vetuschi zuccolini zucco at dipteris.unige.it
Wed May 8 04:25:08 EDT 2002

Hello to all,
is very frustrating to bother you with some problem like that, but
I'm very pressed by a project report and I need one solution that I
can't find....
I tried to compile the pre3 version for a RH 7.2 and the problem is
the same, also with pre-built version the problem is repeated. Both
in UTM and geographic mapsets.

The behaviour is totally random. In a vector file with regular
polygons, like cartographic sheets, areas close to each other have
values differents till one order of magnitude and sometimes clearly
negatives.

Any Idea? Please

ciao

marino