[GRASSLIST:3659] Restated question about binaries for OSX

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri May 10 15:30:39 EDT 2002

Given the recent set of posts, I need to rephrase my previous question.

> Are the precompiled binaries (specifically the binary for OS-X) compiled with
> or without PostgreSQL, gdal, R, and other programs that are commonly set up to
> work with GRASS (but are optional in the compile)?

That is, is the binary for OSX compiled with the ­with Postgres switch etc.
(so that it expects to find PostgreSQL, gdal, R, etc.) on the system? Or is
it compiled with all these switches set to ‹without ***?

I would guess that Markus Neteler would be best able to answer this one
specifically for OSX. However, for the list at large, this would be useful
information for binaries for other systems too.

Also, I want to thank all the folks who provide these binaries (as well as
those who answer these questions).

--
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
Department of Anthropology