[GRASSLIST:3674] Re: r.in.gdal error

Henning Lorenz hl at geofys.uu.se
Thu May 16 01:43:33 EDT 2002

>  Dear Grass users,
>I am using grass5.0.0pre2 and gdal-1.1.5. I want to
>import ERDAS (.img) raster file into my lat-long Location .When I use
>r.in.gdal to import ERDAS (.img) raster file, it gives the fillowing ERROR
>It work fine with X-Y Location but I want to import in lat-lon location.

Dear Anil!

Try to import the ERDAS .img file with r.in.gdal into a new location,
i.e. use "r.in.gdal input=xxx location=yyy output=zzz". That should
import the .img file into a location with the name yyy. This location
is created by r.in.gdal and has the projection parameters specified
in the .img file (The image will be in the PERMANENT folder). Than,
if you need to do so, you can transfer it to any projection you want
to use. That worked for me, at least. Good luck!

Henning

--
Henning Lorenz
Uppsala University