[GRASSLIST:3684] Re: Error in g.setproj for State Plane projection

John Gillette JGillette at rfmd.com
Fri May 17 16:34:28 EDT 2002

I have just independently verified that creating a state
plane location for IN doesn't work.  I tried IL (also a
TM projection with 2 zones in the state) and in works
fine.  I use NC which works fine.  When setting up a
location the program reports that a location is created
but not a projection.  When you run g.setproj you get
the error as previously reported.  [ref GRASSLIST
3680 and 3681]

I have additional questions:

g.region reports ellipsoid: ** unknown (default WGS84) **
even though I set clark66.  Is this correct behavior? If
I set the datum shouldn't this automatically set the
ellipsoid?

When I specify feet, g.projinfo reports
unit:   foot
units:  feet
meters: 0.3048000000

Is there a way to specify a "Survey foot" (0.3048006096)?

John Gillette