[GRASSLIST:3688] importing sdts dem maps into grass on a macos x machine

John Magdaleno johnmagdaleno at mac.com
Sun May 19 01:07:05 EDT 2002

My immediate goal is to import 7.5min SDTS DEM data that I acquired from
geocomm into GRASS.

http://grass.ibiblio.org/faq/importing_usgs_7_5min.html suggests that I
acquire and use fips123 and sdts utilities, however, I am unable to
compile the sdts utilities. In lieu of that, I have tried using
r.in.gdal in GRASS, however, I get a "dyld: r.in.gdal can't open
library: ./libgdal.1.1.dylib (No such file or directory, error = 2)"
message.

libgdal.1.1.dylib exists in my /usr/local/grass5/lib directory.

I know that I am confusing a couple of things here: (a) getting the SDTS
utilities to compile, and (b) using r.in.gdal, however, I would
appreciate any advice on how to import my SDTS DEM data.

Does anyone have any insight into these problems?

Thanks!
John