[GRASSLIST:3703] How to display labels around site points dynamically in a webpage

Fengxian Fan ffan at hawaii.edu
Tue May 21 18:04:16 EDT 2002

Hi, all,

    I am working on site_list files and display them  after converting
them to raster files. I also convert the  graphics to .gif files
and display them in a webpage.
   Now I am trying to dispaly some labels around the site points and add
some link pages to the the points so as to make the page dinamical when
someone clicks on the point. It is the same thing as the first example of
GRASS application in GRASS webpage's link: http://www.dogwander.com
  I am not sure how to add links to site_list points in GRASS. I can just
add links to vecter polygon with HTMLMAP driver. Does anybody know how the
above example in GRASS webpage is implemented? Can you give me some hints
about:
   1) How does it add dynamic information around the site point?
   2) How does it add links to the site point?
   3) Is it possible to do it in GRASS? or I have to do it outside of
      GRASS?

Thanks a lot.

Fengxian Fan