[GRASSLIST:3713] RE: help ASCII

Henning Ries henning-r at web.de
Wed May 22 11:28:21 EDT 2002

Am Mittwoch, 22. Mai 2002 17:29 schrieben Sie:
> Hello to all I have a file in format ASCII and desire to transform to
> raster that steps I must follow and that I must assure that the file has so
> that ningun is not had error at the moment of the conversion.
>
> The commando whom they indicated to me that he uses is r.in.ascii
>
> I need more information about yours use!!

You can find detailed information about usage of grass-import-modules under
http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/import.html
Most of this manual pages also give a description of the specific format you
want to import. So you can check if your data should be imported with
r.in.ascii, s.in.ascii or r.in.arc if you have got an arc/info-ascii-grid.

Henning